The Five Main Determining Factors of Value
The overall condition and standing of the five items below should have a direct impact on the value of your home. Although these five factors play a major role in determining the value of your home, they are not the only ones that could impact how much you could sell your property. If you have any additional questions, please contact me directly and I would be glad to help you.
– Is your home located in an area connected to a highly-rated public school district? Like the ones in McLean or Vienna, VA?
– Is your townhouse near a major workplace like the Pentagon, Amazon HQ2, Quantico Military Base, Volkswagen (VW) Audi Porsche, or Raytheon?
– Does your home have easy access to public transit like the condos in Reston Town Center are to the Silver line?
2. Interior and Exterior Square Footage
– How much total interior living area does your home have? Was the total living area completed with proper state and local government building permits and inspections?
– Do you own the patio area located directly outside your home?
– If you do own the land outside of your home, how many acres are yours and where does your property line begin and end?
3. Access to Plumbing Fixtures
– Does your townhouse in Centreville come with dual vanities in the master bathroom?
– Does your rowhouse in Columbia Heights have 2 full-bathrooms on the top floor?
– Did your home have a half-bath or a full-bath installed when you recently finished your basement? (The answer to that question could equate to a $5,000 to $15,000 difference in values)
4. In-home and community amenities
– Is there a playground, personal gym, or swimming pool in your condo community? Like in the newer condo complexes located throughout Fairfax, Arlington, and Reston?
– Does your home have an entertainment center? A spa sauna? An elevator, similar to the new build townhouses near George Mason University’s Fairfax Campus?
5. Curb Appeal
– Have you recently added a patio area to your home?
– When was the flower garden in the backyard finished?
– How long has it been since you installed the awning over your deck?
For more information, please contact me at the outlets of communication listed at the bottom of this page. Thank you for reading this blog post.
Written by PJ Santiago, Lead Agent and CEO
The Santiago Real Estate Team at KW Capital Properties
Historic Downtown Fairfax
4031 University Drive, 5th Floor
Fairfax, VA 22030
509 C Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
Licensed Exclusively in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia
email@example.com – Email and Google Hangout
pnsantiagojr – WeChat
Last Updated November 25th, 2018